Over a million young people are currently unemployed across the country.
- Across the UK, youth unemployment is above 1 million, with long-term youth unemployment above 250,000 for the first time since the 1990s:
- This equates to 1:5 young people in the labour market (22%) being unemployed
- Urgent employment and training opportunities are needed across London, and especially across the olympic host boroughs where youth unemployment
is at its highest
- The long term disadvantages include fewer opportunities to develop work skills and confidence, and long-term wage drag
We want to work with you to improve this situation.
London's Creative and Cultural Sectors
- This bleak situation is in stark contrast to the positive outlook for the sector:
- The creative and cultural sectors are booming with 1:6 jobs in London provided by the sector
- Employment (nationally) across the arts, heritage, digital and creative sectors is predicted to rise by 32% over the next ten years.
- East London has particular advantages with the rise of the tech City enterprise zone and the legacy of the Olympics and Paralympics.
We want to connect employers like you to local youth talent.