We support and develop London’s next creative generation
Create Jobs is an employability programme for young Londoners (16-25) and the creative industries.
We introduce employers to creative, diverse and talented young Londoners, bringing new ideas and energy to the sector.
We co-design industry-based training with top employers
We help young creatives into paid employment
We connect talent to mentors and peers.
What we do
We train young people through pioneering self-directed programmes, create opportunities directly with employers and we connect young Londoners with industry and like-minded peers.
Create Jobs supports over 250 young Londoners each year through training, mentoring and providing work placements and jobs in the creative and cultural industries. Annually we create over 80 jobs a year and respond to employer need by co-designing training programmes that meet occupational skill gaps.
The programme was founded in 2011 by A New Direction and Create London, with the joint ambition of working together to address the disconnect between post-16 education and training, and employment. Create Jobs is now delivered by A New Direction, with Create London continuing its support through the Create Jobs Advisory Group.
What we do matters because...
- 1 in 6 jobs in London is in the creative industries
- £91.8bn is generated for the UK economy per year
- 796,000 jobs exist in the creative economy
Challenges for young Londoners...
- Unemployment rates above the national average with young people, disabled adults, BAME groups and women disproportionately under-represented in the labour market
- Wages struggling to keep pace with the rising costs of living in London
- Low levels of qualifications and skills holding many Londoners back
- A lack of an effective careers information, advice, guidance, access to networks for Londoners, limiting the ability to upskill/reskill and progress in work