Top tips for applying to Flipsideby
So you’ve read the training brief and watched the video. You love the idea of a paid training opportunity that links you directly to employers, but you still want to know what’s going to make you stand out?
Read on for the Create Jobs cheat sheet on how to secure your paid training place on Flipside.
1. Attend an information sessionInformation sessions are a quick and easy way to find out more and to impress the team. They’re informal meet ups at our offices, and you are guaranteed a 1-1 advice session with a member of the team. These are popular, so make sure you book in!
Top tip: Turn up on time, and don’t worry about dressing up. Our info sessions are casual.
2. Make the most of the Digital Bootcamp (21st November)
At Flipside we place real importance on potential over experience. That’s why we’ve got together with the amazing agencies involved in the programme to design a free, one day training bootcamp for those with limited experience but bags of positive attitude.
We cannot recommend the value of these days enough – especially if you want to understand more about the industry and opportunities (great context to help you answer interview qustions!). To be selected, you must attend an information session, or speak to a member of the team.
- Register your interest in attending the Bootcamp HERE and a member of the team will contact you.
Top tip: Read the FAQ blog before you come, and come armed with some questions for the agency teams!
3. Make sure you’re eligible!
Flipside is seeking 12 people who are:
- 18 – 24 years old
- Residents of: Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Waltham Forest and Newham
- Currently unemployed or under-employed (in a job which is not in your chosen field/has little career progression)
- Available for 12-weeks full-time training from January to March 2018
- Interested in getting into digital
4. Research the agencies
There’s nothing more flattering than finding out someone has stalked you online (in a recruitment sense). It shows you are thorough, prepared and really interested – all attributes that are essential in the workplace.
Top tip: Read the agency blogs we’ve shortlisted here.
5. Make the most of support from the Create Jobs team
We offer tailored support and will be happy to review applications and portfolio pieces ahead of the deadline.
Top tip: We are a super busy team. For feedback on your application, make sure you send it to us by Monday 27th November at the LATEST.
6. Submit your application on time
This is a no brainer – but you’d be surprised at how many great applications we need to discount for missing the deadline.
So there it is. Your cheatsheet for how to make sure you get picked for paid training with Flipside. Hope it helps – and see you all soon!