Business Development Manager
Musiko Musika is seeking a dynamic and highly motivated person to join our team as part-time Business Development Manager, working with us to increase our reach and develop new revenue opportunities as we enter an exciting new phase of development for the organisation.
- Understanding and anticipating Musiko Musika’s customers’ and market needs;
- Designing, testing and bringing new products to market;
- Creating rich social media content on platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram;
- Developing and implementing social media marketing strategies;
- Gaining commitment from customers and funding organisations to participate in or fund new programmes;
- Helping meet Musiko Musika’s ultimate goals and revenue targets;
About the employer
Musiko Musika creates opportunities for people of all cultures to express themselves through music. Formed by Mauricio Venegas-Astorga and Rachel Pantin in 1998, Musiko Musika has created very successful long-term relationships with schools and communities throughout the UK and abroad. Our model is that of cultural collaboration, and we encourage participants to bring the sounds, songs and stories of their own cultural backgrounds into our music-making projects. Based at the Lyric Hammersmith, we are an Arts Council England National Portfolio Organisation, and are proud to have Baroness Christine Crawley, Baroness Gabrielle Bertin, Martin Morales and
Richard Harvey as our very supportive patrons.
The “i am here!!” programme which is part of our Sing and Learn strand of work is a vibrant and stimulating early-years programme of publications, resources, workshops and training for speech and language development through music. We are currently looking for a social media savvy Business Development Manager to help with developing and implementing the marketing strategy
for the “i am here!!” programme.
- Active on social media;
- An optimistic, self-confident and entrepreneurial performer;
- Skilled in project and relationship management;
- Able to work within a team in a fast-moving and varied environment;
- Able to manage a budget and read financial information;
- Interested in music, education and social issues;
- Willing to embrace and actively support Musiko Musika’s unique culture and values;
- Superb written and verbal communication skills;
- Knowledge of digital marketing and social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter;
- High energy and the ability to transform concepts into action in an organisationally agile manner;
check/overview or from the Disclosure and Barring Service on 0300 0200 190.
The successful candidate will also be required to provide confirmation of their right to work in the UK.
How to apply
To apply for this post please download the application form and email the completed form along with a copy of your C.V. before the specified deadline to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Business Development Manager Application” and CC email@example.com
Application Deadline: 10am on Wednesday 14th March 2018
Applicants will be informed by Tuesday 20th March whether they are invited to attend an interview. Interviews will take place between 22nd and 29th March.
If you have any questions you would like to ask about this role or the application process please contact Rachel Pantin, Joint Artistic Director: firstname.lastname@example.org