Casual Events Assistant - Creative Learning
We are looking for workshop assistants to support the Creative Learning team and the workshop leaders, set up materials and the space, engage with the participants and act as a representative of the Creative Learning department. You will need to be enthusiastic about working in the arts, especially with teenagers and children in a cross-arts setting. It would be beneficial to have knowledge and show interest in art, music, film, visual art, spoken word and theatre. Previous experience in assisting in an arts context is desirable but we will also provide training.
Assistants will support on any of the following projects:
- Barbican Box
- Big Barbican Workshops
- Creative Careers
- Framed Christmas Party
- Framed Film Club and Festival
- Future Band
- Open Labs
- Visual Arts Public Events
- Weekend Labs
- Young Poets / City Poets / Junior Poets
- Young Programmers
- Young Visual Arts Group
About the employer
Since the Barbican and the Guildhall School launched a creative learning partnership in 2009, more than 42,000 people including children, young people, families, community groups and artists have participated in our learning programmes and activities, while more than 300,000 have enjoyed our programme of free events produced in collaboration with our partners.
We believe that the arts have the power to transform lives, and that people of all ages and backgrounds should have access to world-class music, theatre, dance, visual arts, film and spoken word.
- Enthusiastic about working in the arts, especially with teenagers and children in a cross-arts setting.
- An excellent communicator with various stakeholders and a commitment to quality and achieving the highest standards.
- Ability to work effectively in a team to achieve Creative Learning objectives whilst also being self-motivated to work independently.
- Ability to be responsive to live events and the team around you.
- A good understanding of the practice of arts education.
- A passion for the Arts.
- An active knowledge and interest in creative and collaborative arts practice.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to take a structured approach to organising work, a commitment to accuracy.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritise and effectively time manage.
- Proven experience of working on events.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure.
- Well presented, positive and flexible approach.
- An eye for detail.
- Excellentorganisation Skills.
- Is punctual and reliable.
How to apply
Successful applicants will be invited to attend a selection day on Tuesday, 27 February 2018. Applicants not contacted by this time should assume they have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Unfortunately if you are unable to attend the selection day your application will not be accepted.
To apply please use the Job Application Form attached.
Please note – we reserve the right to close this listing earlier if enough suitable applications have been received.
Selection Day will take place on Tuesday, 27 February 2018.