Communications Internship (paid)
Legacy Youth Voice
- Communicate the opportunities on Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park – specifically to increase uptake now and in the future of The Park’s employment, cultural and educational opportunities.
- Attract a diverse range of local young people to visit The Park.
- To increase Legacy Youth Voice’s number of social media followers, sharing of content and impact of content.
- To increase the number of local young people (12-21 years old) hearing about Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park opportunities in such a way that they want to visit them.
- Produce regular social media content for the LYV Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts
- Liaise with members of the LYV about specific opportunities.
- Research, for example on youth sector organisations to develop partnerships with
- Support the LYV project manager in building the relationship between the LYV and key sector organisations, e.g. National Citizenship Service.
- Post content on the LYV social media channels, (Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.)
- Do other comms related activity to support the delivery of the LYV comms strategy
About the employer
The Legacy Youth Voice (LYV) are young people from east London who are the youth voice in and out for Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park. This is a high profile youth programme, established in 2008 by the London Legacy Development Corporation (LLDC), and since then, 240 young people from across east London have worked with LLDC on a wide variety of projects.
- You could be at Uni, or a graduate or studying at 6th form or college. We are interested in who you are, the skills you have and what you can offer not just the qualifications or formal experience you have
- You have to be between 18 and 30 years old
- Live and/or study in the boroughs of Hackney, Newham, Tower Hamlets and Waltham Forest and have taken your GCSE’s in one of these boroughs
- Social media savvy and with some training or experience (formal or informal) linked to the communications sector
- Passionate about communications and wanting a career in this sector
- Organised and reliable
- Able to work in a team and self-generate
- Strong social skills (communication, inter-personal etc.)