Create Jobs Engagement Coordinator
Our Engagement Coordinators are essential to our programmes’ success. This role has a real impact on the young people we work with, as well as the wider aims of the programme; helping to diversify the creative industries and working towards decreasing youth unemployment.
We are looking for an individual who:
- Is passionate about working with young people, and want to support them to accelerate in their creative ambitions
- Has a great way with people and a positive attitude to work
- Is a problem solver and love thinking of new ways of doing things
- Has great attention to detail and think no task is too small
- Wants to be an important part of a small and fun team, with the opportunity to grow and develop in the role
It is likely that on occasions there will be a requirement for this role to work unsocial hours including evenings and weekends.
We operate a TOIL policy (time off in lieu).
Administrative support for projects and programmes
- Manage the Create Jobs inbox day to day
- Be the first point of contact for young people contacting via website or on phone, giving great customer experience
- Use Salesforce and Excel regularly to help the Create Jobs team to build and maintain our contacts database, the backbone of our service
- Assisting the shortlisting process for jobs, projects and programmes
- Supporting in the submission of claims for key funding contracts
- Sending bi-weekly bulletins of the latest opportunities to a list of referral partners
Training and Events
- Help set up and deliver training sessions and networking events across all programmes
- Help the Create Jobs team deliver great recruitment events
- Assist in organising stakeholder events and meetings, booking venues and meeting spaces, coordinating invite lists and RSVPs, catering and technical requirements
Client support / working with young people
- Support the Create Jobs team to give great client experience, from beginning to end
- Help share the Create Jobs resources on CV and application writing as needed
- Inform unsuccessful applicants and providing feedback when necessary
- Help the Create Jobs team to keep contact with young people through the early stages of their job or work experience
- Contact young people to gain feedback on experiences for us improve our services
About the employer
A New Direction (AND) is an organisation that exists to offer young Londoners access to arts, creative and cultural opportunities. Our work focuses on four key areas: Children and young people, arts and cultural sector, education and educators, work.
Create Jobs is A New Direction’s employment and skills programme that helps young Londoners aged 16-25 find work in the creative industries. We exist to support the capital’s next creative generation because we believe their success is integral to London’s.
Through Create Jobs we:
- Engage employers to drive change in their industries, creating entry level positions that are supported and paid.
- Give support, advice, networks and contacts to young creatives.
- Design training and learning experiences for young Londoners who are trying to break in to the creative industries.
- Positive attitude
- Display a commitment to working within a framework which values and celebrates diversity
- Enjoy working as part of small team
- Able to build rapport and maintain professional relationship with wide range of people
- Has an interest in the creative, cultural and tech sectors
- Strong administrative skills, systematic with attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to work to deadlines
- Ability to listen and respond to young people’s enquiries with relevant and useful signposting and advice
- Experience of working in a public facing role
- Some experience of working in events
- Experience of using Eventbrite and Salesforce
- Experience of working with young people
- Knowledge of office systems and procedures
How to apply
Download and complete the application and equalities and diversity forms, sending both to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference Create Jobs Employment Coordinator in the subject line.
Deadline: 9am on Thursday 19 October 2017
Interviews will be held the week commencing 23 October 2017