We are looking for an aspiring digital marketing professional who lives and breathes social media, gets excited about digital content and has creative ideas to support the PR & Marketing strategy. The Digital Marketing Coordinator is a pivotal and active member of the team, key in supporting recruitment of our programmes and developing the Create Jobs brand.
Areas of responsibility include digital communications (web, social media and e-communications), the creation and distribution of content production media. The role sits within the Communications function of A New Direction, but is very much part of the wider Create Jobs team, acting as the conduit between the two. As we are a small team, there is also an element of general administrative support involved.
We are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and hands-on individual who is willing to get stuck in, demonstrate initiative, and contribute creatively to communicating our offer and narrative to young people, employers and partners alike, combining technical expertise with a passion for creating change and making a difference. You should be engaged with London’s young creative scene, with an awareness of the trends shaping the next generation of London’s cultural, digital and creative movement.
- Email marketing - To co-ordinate engaging and effective e-communications in collaboration with Communications and Create Jobs teams (HTML template creation, copywriting, data selection and tracking)
- Social Media - To grow audiences by developing, producing and co-ordinating engaging content for the Create Jobs’ social media platforms (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, The Dots)
- Content – To support the creation of original content to help promote Create Jobs, our programmes and to engage with new audiences
- Writing - To produce compelling and concise copy for a range of channels and formats in line with Create Jobs brand and voice
- Website - To update and manage web content for the Create Jobs website
- Strategy - To assist with planning and maintaining the effective communication and dissemination of information about Create Jobs within the organisation and to external stakeholders and partners
- Planning - To contribute to and maintain a Communications calendar of activity for planning and scheduling
- Events - To support the Create Jobs team in organising events, training sessions, workshops and masterclasses, booking venues and meeting spaces, coordinating invite lists and RSVPs, catering and technical requirements and general logistics
- Assets - To assist with managing the image and film library and permissions process
- Contacts / CRM - To help build and maintain our contacts database and jobs monitoring systems (Salesforce), ensuring high quality data input and processing
- Systems - To build and maintain administrative systems that streamline our processes and make us more efficient, in collaboration with the team
- Analytics & Reports - To prepare communications reports (including web and social media analytics) and press and media monitoring
- Insights - To contribute to building our insight into youth and creativity in London through online research and networking
- Monitoring - To work with other Create Jobs coordinators to compile monitoring data that tracks outputs, progress and outcomes, leading to quarterly reports
- Finance - To assist the team with producing contracts and purchase orders
- Suppliers - To liaise with suppliers as necessary, including printers and designers for printed materials and publications relating to the Create Jobs.
- Equipment - To work with other coordinators to ensure systematic and safe loans of tech equipment to young adults.
This is a description of the job as it is presently constituted. It is the practice of the organisation to periodically review job descriptions and to update them. This process will be conducted in consultation with you. It is the aim of the organisation to reach agreement on any changes but if agreement cannot be reached, the organisation reserves the right to insist on such changes to your job description after consultation with you.
About the employer
Create Jobs is A New Direction's employability programme for young Londoners. Our vision is for a dynamic and diverse creative workforce. Through the Create Jobs programme, we are transforming London’s workforce by supporting and developing individuals who are under-represented in the creative and digital industries. To do this we deliver:
- Training - we co-design industry-based training with top employers
- Opportunities - we help young creatives into paid employment
- Connections - we connect talented, creative young people to mentors and peers.
Skills and Abilities
- Good communication skills in oral, written and visual communications
- A social media enthusiast with a solid understanding of sharing content and building an audience cross channels (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, The Dots)
- A passion for developing and distributing content across channels in a strategic manner
- Good web and page building skills
- Copy editing and proof-reading skills
- Ability to work under own initiative and prioritise a range of tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to meet deadlines and to achieve project objectives
- Able to work with accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to research information from a wide range of sources
- Administrative and organisational skills
Knowledge/ Qualifications/ Training
- Experience working with systems across social, CRM and CMS (Salesforce, Mailchimp, Eventbrite, Sprout, Hootsuite)
- Experience working with Google Analytics, reporting and analytics
- Working knowledge of SEO, PPC, GDN, social and media advertising
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (e.g. Photoshop, Indesign) and other creative software
- Knowledge of office systems and procedures (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Experience of working in a busy office environment
- Experience of working within a team to provide digital marketing support
- Experience of working in a creative environment
- Displays a strong empathy with the values and vision of A New Direction
- Demonstrates a clear communication style
- Displays a commitment to Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Is tactful, calm and sensitive
- Is creative,
- Is outcomes orientated and solutions focused
- Has a high degree of integrity
- Displays a commitment to working positively within a framework, which values and celebrates diversity
- Has an interest in arts education, creative and cultural education
- Displays a willingness to learn more about web content management, editing and image manipulation packages
It is likely that on occasions there will be a requirement for this role to work unsocial hours including evenings and weekends.
How to apply
Please download the forms below, fill in, and return an application form and a diversity & equality form to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 20 November at 10am, with the subject header 'Digital Marketing Coordinator Application'.