Engagement Officers are essential to our programmes’ success ensuring that project funding, programme design and delivery, employer pipeline and recruitment are connected and joined up. These roles are about ensuring that ground delivery meets our projected targets, and that we are evidencing and reporting as accurately as possible.
It is likely that on occasions there will be a requirement for this role to work unsocial hours including evenings and weekends.
We operate a TOIL policy (time off in lieu).
Administrative support for projects and programmes
- Overview of the use of Salesforce, summarising projects and programmes, building and projecting accurate impact of the work
- Leading reporting and monitoring of programme delivery with lead on submitting funder updates and reports
- Establishing evaluation frameworks for programmes and collating feedback
- Supporting liaison with employers/project partners through qualitative insights of young people
- Leading on and maintaining engagement of referral partners across London
- Leading the employer liaison for shortlisting process for jobs, projects and programmes
- Assisting in managing pool of freelance Talent Scouts
Training and Events
- Leading on recruitment and outreach plan for training programmes
- Facilitating workshops, actively engaging with groups of young people (or employers), leading sessions where appropriate
- Delivering great recruitment events, taking leadership with follow up and driving actions
- Supporting on production needs throughout programme delivery
Client support / working with young people
- Coaching and advice for programme participants. Supporting with industry signposting opportunities, best practice with CV and application writing, portfolio development and interview preparation.
- Fielding phone calls from referral partners and young people with structured advice and guidance
- Supporting mentoring and follow on opportunities, including support with mentor/mentee training and meet ups
- Supporting on designing and maintaining effective systems from recruitment to evaluation
- Being proactive in searching for best practice across the sector and implementing learnings into individual and team work-flow
About the employer
A New Direction (AND) is an organisation that exists to offer young Londoners access to arts, creative and cultural opportunities. Our work focuses on four key areas: Children and young people, arts and cultural sector, education and educators, work.
Create Jobs is A New Direction’s employment and skills programme that helps young Londoners aged 16-25 find work in the creative industries. We exist to support the capital’s next creative generation because we believe their success is integral to London’s.
Through Create Jobs we:
- Engage employers to drive change in their industries, creating entry level positions that are supported and paid.
- Give support, advice, networks and contacts to young creatives.
- Design training and learning experiences for young Londoners who are trying to break in to the creative industries.
- Positive and proactive attitude
- Displays a strong empathy with the values and vision of Create Jobs
- Display a commitment to working within a framework which values and celebrates diversity
- Is outcomes orientated, solutions focused
- Has a high degree of integrity
- Enjoy working as part of small and fast-paced team
- Able to build rapport and maintain professional relationship with wide range of people
- Able to work collaboratively and diplomatically with young people, job advisors and employers alike
- Has and upkeeps an interest in the creative, cultural and tech sectors
- Strong administrative and project management skills, systematic with attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to work to deadlines and funding targets
- Ability to listen and respond to young people’s enquiries with relevant and useful signposting and advice
- Experience of working in a public facing role and/or events
- Knowledge of office systems and procedures
- Experience of using Eventbrite and Salesforce
- Experience of working with young people
- Experience working with reporting and evaluation frameworks
How to apply
Interview date: 27th and 28th March