The Goethe-Institut London is looking for a full-time Events Technician to facilitate our exciting and diverse programme of events such as film screenings, artist talks, discussions, workshops and seminars. This position requires a multidisciplinary approach from coordinating the use of rooms and resources to cleanliness of the facilities, organising refreshments and maintenance of our technical equipment. The role will also have more general duties in the facilities management of the building and work closely within the central services department to provide assistance throughout the entire institution.
- Setting up technical equipment and preparing rooms for internal and public events such as film screenings, talks, discussions and seminars
- Co-ordinating the use of rooms and equipment at the request of the events departments
- Maintenance of the events equipment
- Occasional support in setting up and taking down exhibitions
- Regular monitoring of safety, functionality and cleanliness of the building and the facilities
- Attending to small repairs
- Giving technical support to the language course operations
- Basic painting and decorating
- Deputising for the maintenance technician during holiday times and absences
- Logistics (in particular dealing with incoming deliveries and sending out post during absences of the regular post room officer)
- General errands
- Covering for reception and switchboard
About the employer
The Goethe-Institut is the cultural institute of the Federal Republic of Germany with a global reach. We promote knowledge of the German language abroad and foster international cultural co-operation. We convey a comprehensive image of Germany by providing information about cultural, social and political life in our nation.
- Relevant technical background.
- Good English is essential, a knowledge of German would be an advantage
- Sound organisational abilities
- Good IT skills
- Willingness to work to flexible working schedules
- Ability to self-train in the use of the varied technical equipment of the institute.
- Good communication and team skills