East London Dance
You will play an important role in helping East London Dance prepare for the move into their new building. You will work with their Partnerships and Development Manager to build relationships with a variety of people and organisations and fundraise for their new home.
You will also have the chance to work with other teams at East London Dance to develop and deliver an exciting programme of new activities. This role will help you develop an essential skill for a long-term successful career in the arts and cultural sector – fundraising!
- To research funding prospects, including Trusts and Foundations, corporates, and individuals
- To maintain accurate records of all donations, gifts and grants
- To provide stewardship for funders and donors – providing tailored regular communications
- To assist with the coordination of all fundraising and cultivation events
- To help design and deliver an online crowdfunding campaign – encouraging local community engagement
- To provide administrative support across all fundraising activity
Programme and Community Engagement:
- To undertake market research to help inform planning for programmes and activities in the new building
- To assist with community engagement and consultation in preparation for opening our new building and launching our new programmes
- To assist with event and project coordination as required
- Contribute to the production and distribution of marketing materials and digital content
- Undertake any other duties as required
- Attend and staff East London Dance events as required
About the employer
East London Dance has been bringing people to dance and dance to people for over 30 years. They enrich people’s lives by presenting the very best dance opportunities to those least likely to receive them; discovering and nurturing the next generation of artists and producers; commissioning and staging great art; and championing the importance of dance.
Through their wide ranging classes, programmes, productions and partnerships they connect locally with people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds. East London Dance is rooted in east London, but their impact and ambition reach far beyond. They collaborate widely and attract world-class choreographers and artists to come and work with them.
This is an exciting time of organisation change as they prepare to move into their own building for the first time next year. Together with music organisation, Urban Development, they are co-creating the UK’s first Talent House for Urban Culture.
- An enthusiastic person that has a passion for arts and culture and the positive impact it can have on people
- A flexible and positive attitude, willing to work as part of a team as well as take own initiative as required
- Open to learning and is reflective of his/her own performance, strengths and areas for development
- Excellent organisation skills with great attention to detail
- A good communicator with an ability to build rapport with a wide range of people
- Strong numeracy skills, able to work accurately with budgets, data and figures
- Experience of social media and ability to write relevant content for different platforms
- Experience in digital fundraising / crowdfunding
- Experience of writing funding applications or developing pitches/proposals
- Knowledge of Hip Hop Dance and Urban Culture
How to apply
This opportunity was available through STEP (link to prog page). Applications are now closed. To hear about this and future opps, sign up to our newsletter and follow us on social.