Bow Arts is recruiting for a new full time Studios Administrator to join its busy, friendly Creative Workspaces team, based in the office at Bow Road.
This is a varied role covering a wide range of duties, both office based and on-site at our many studio and housing sites across London. They are proud of their reputation as a supportive, open organisation with a unique framework of workspace provision and a social enterprise business model.
- Assessing and processing individual studio and housing applications, e-mails and telephone enquiries
- Maintaining excellent communication between Bow Arts management and artists, designers and makers
- Ensuring that Bow Arts buildings are safe environments to work in, with weekly site checks and practical follow up actions as required
- Assisting with and preparing contracts and agreements for property sites and with clients
- Assisting with all license fee enquiries, including assisting with the collection of payments, to help meet monthly targets
- Helping run and promote events such as Open Studios
- Regular digital marketing activity including updating website content
- Filing, databasing and other office duties and administration
About the employer
Established in 1995, Bow Arts Trust (a charity and company limited by guarantee) has grown
rapidly to become one of London’s largest and arguably its leading affordable workspace provider for emerging creative professionals. They champion lifelong learning and inspiring the future generation, providing young people and artists with the infrastructure, practical support, skills development and networks they need to enable them to secure employment and career opportunities, which in turn generates further social and financial investment back into local neighbourhoods. Bow Arts is well known for its innovative approach to developing and managing active, friendly and affordable workspaces, and now low-cost housing for London’s creative art, design and maker community.
Over the last 23 years, they have grown from two Victorian warehouses on Bow Road to manage a portfolio of twelve sites providing 463 artists with affordable workspace across 364 studios including three cultural hubs (Bow Road, Royal Albert Wharf and Lakeside Centre) which offer wider public cultural programmes, café facilities and retail opportunities, and promote local creative enterprises.
Bow Arts has a staff team of 22, based in our office at our Bow Road site which has excellent transport links to and across London (Bow Church – DLR; Bow Road – District Line, Hammersmith and City Line; Mile End – Central Line). All staff are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
If you enjoy working with creative people, have initiative, and are practical, resourceful and methodical, then come and join the Creative Workspaces team at Bow Arts to help them deliver great affordable creative workspace communities for artists, designers and makers across London.
- Great with people: outgoing, friendly, but firm
- Excellent communicator: both spoken and written
- Methodical and thorough with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail: numerate and literate
- Practical and resourceful, with an ability to take initiative and be responsive to a varied role.
- IT literate with a working knowledge of MS Office software
- Previous office experience in a client facing role
- Ability to work well with a small team
- An interest in the visual arts, design and creative industries
- Previous experience of facilities maintenance and/or management
- A resourceful problem solver
- Practical maintenance skills
How to apply
To apply for this role, please visit Bow Arts' job description page, where you can download the full job spec. Then complete the accompanying application form and equal opportunities monitoring form and return to Michael Cubey, Executive Director, Creative Workspaces, at firstname.lastname@example.org. CVs will not be accepted.
Application closing date: 9am, Monday 19th November 2018
Interview date: Friday 22nd or Tuesday 27th November 2018